Two-Week Holistic Mining Equipment Operator Training Course
We are delighted to offer a comprehensive two-week training course on a replicated above ground mine site, which will equip students with the skills and knowledge needed to operate various heavy mining equipment. This immersive training program goes beyond basic equipment operation by incorporating a holistic approach, allowing operators to understand the broader context and the interconnection of activities. Additionally, it will emphasize the importance of health and safety for themselves and others that work around them as well as reducing damage to environments, such as roads, equipment, and ensure cost savings by avoiding repetition of tasks. The course includes day and night shifts, and students will reside in mine camp accommodation, experiencing life as FIFO workers.
- Duration: Two weeks (13 working days)
- Shifts: 7 Day and 6 Night rotations
- Hours: 12 Hour shifts
- Rigid Dump Truck
- Articulated Dump Truck
- Skid Steer
- Water Cart
- Front-end Loader
The training will be conducted at a replicated mine site designed to simulate real mining conditions. It will feature full size equipment and facilities to ensure an authentic immersive learning environment.
During the course, students will reside in mine camp accommodation, mirroring the conditions of FIFO workers. This arrangement will provide an authentic experience of life at a mining camp, including meals and recreational facilities.
- Develop proficient skills in the safe operation of a wide range of mining equipment.
- Understand the interconnections with various equipment in mining operations.
- Comprehend and adhere to mine site safety protocols and best practices.
- Emphasize health and safety compliance to prevent damage to roads and equipment.
- Prepare students for real-world mining operations by providing hands-on experience in a controlled environment.
- Promote teamwork and effective communication skills among participants.
The training curriculum will include:
- Introduction to each type of equipment. Rigid Dump Truck, Articulated Dump Truck, Skid Steer, Excavator, Roller, Water Cart, Grader, Front-end Loader and 4WD
- Understanding the role of each machine in the mining process.
- Hands-on training sessions for operating equipment. Minimum of 8 Hours on each.
- Safety procedures and precautions for each machine.
- In depth prestart for all equipment used.
- Practical exercises to develop proficiency in equipment operation.
Safety and Compliance
- Mine site safety rules and regulations.
- Hazard identification and risk assessment.
- Emergency response procedures.
- Importance of compliance for equipment and road preservation.
- Realistic simulated mining scenarios emphasizing equipment coordination.
- Troubleshooting common equipment issues.
- Handling challenging terrain and conditions while considering road preservation.
Night Shift Training
- Familiarization with night shift operations.
- Night Shift hazards and risks for equipment and the safety precautions.
- Practical experience in night-time conditions while considering equipment operation impact.
Assessment and Certification
Students will undergo continuous assessment throughout the course, including practical evaluations and written tests. Successful completion of the training program will result in receiving Nationally accredited units in Rigid Dump Truck, Articulated Dump Truck, Skid Steer, Excavator, Roller, Water Cart, Grader, Front-end Loader as well as a RII30120 – Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations, Standard 11, Operate and maintain a 4WD as well as Spotting qualification with a special emphasis on holistic operation and health and safety compliance.